Thursday, January 15, 2015

Reflection #10

For the first time I am finally preparing a dish on my own without the help of my partner Phoebe. In addition, this is an exciting week for I am preparing dinner for my family. They should be in for a surprise (hopefully).  I made paleo salmon burgers. The reason they are paleo is because they are organic and I will be consuming them without buns so technically its just a salmon patty with vegetables. This meal was fairly easy to make and so healthy at the same time! They cook on the grill really quickly because it took 5 minutes on each side at 450 degrees. While they were grilling, I prepared the vegetables. First i took out the tomatoes and washed them and then sliced them accordingly. After, I took out red onions (cried a little) and sliced them. Lastly, I added my favorite ingredient to the meal, AVOCADOS! You can prepare the avocados by either mashing them or just slicing them in cubes. I prefer to just slice it. When the burgers are done, I put all of the ingredients stacked on each other and top it off with the sauce of my choice (I choose ketchup). What I learned while preparing this meal is that paleo meals aren't all that complicated to make,. For instance, this is just a hamburger with out the bread. I didn't experience any setbacks except for maybe burning the patties a little bit. They ended up being delicious and I'm happy I finally prepared something on my own.    

No comments:

Post a Comment