Friday, January 9, 2015

Twelve

Gonna be honest, dragging myself out of bed to practice was hard. But I did it! Don't get me wrong I love playing and learning, but sleeping has also been nice too.

Okay back to business. So my final choice was tied between "Dead" by My Chemical Romance and "Don't You (Forget About Me)" by Simple Minds. I really love both songs, and have different reasons for wanting to play them both. Finally, I decided; I'm going to play both. Noooo not for the midterm! For the music club concert, I'm going to perform Don't You (it fits with the theme for me (also please come to the show it's going to be great!)) and for the midterm I'm going to play Dead. Now it's kind of a morbid song, but honestly when I was planning on getting the ukulele in the first place, I specifically had this band in mind. So, I figured I should stick with my original plan of using this instrument to play My Chemical Romance songs (obviously that isn't the only band I've played from, because I need a variety to really learn the instrument). I've been practicing it A LOT. For this break period I mainly practiced the chords and playing them in order and working on not having to look at the chord sheet and not having to pause to correct my finger position. This will help me in doing the best performance of the song I can do, and also it helps build my 'muscle memory'. Considering how lazy I want to be during break, it's gone really well!!! Let's hope it stays on this path! Peace and Love! Feliz Navidad and a Happy New Year to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment