Thursday, September 25, 2014

Twenty Percent Time Proposal

September 25, 2014

My 20 Time Project is going to be learning basic sign language. My final goal is to be able to communicate with those who can only communicate through this unique language. In order to be successful, I must know the following about my topic: the alphabet and basic phrases such as, “Good Morning” and “Good Afternoon”. What I believe will be easy about this project is finding reliable resources to learn from. As for the actual process of learning, I do not believe that it will be too difficult if I am learning from videos, however, if at some point I find myself having to learn through visual aids, then I might find it to be a bit challenging. The difficult part about this project will be creating sentences from the different words that I will be learning. For example, if I learn how to say “ball” or “candy” in sign language, how will I be able to make a sentence out of these two words? Even though it will be a struggle, I trust that I will be able to overcome this obstacle and achieve my final goal. Being that I am going to rely heavily on the internet to find my resources for this project, this project can easily be done both in class and outside of class. While in class, I can either look at more sign language tutorials and practice them or I can simply practice them in class from memory. Because I will be learning the majority of sign language from videos found online, I will not need to pay for anything throughout the course of this great learning experience. By the end of this project, I hope to achieve my goal and show the class, who will be my audience, how far I have come from knowing not a thing about sign language to actually knowing how to communicate with those who are deaf-mutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment