Sunday, September 28, 2014

AnneMarie's Proposal

For my 20% project, I will learn different sewing techniques and apply them to my own designs. By midterms, I plan on having at least two outfits created. I would first need to master several basic sewing techniques, which I can learn from YouTube. I might need some additional help. In this case, I will ask my dad to assist me. Although the majority of this project will be done at home, I can use class time to design, research sewing techniques, and plan out my goals for later that night or that weekend. At home, I can practice these important techniques and begin creating my designs. There is not a specific audience in mind for this project; it is for my own betterment. However, anyone will be able to see my work when I wear the finished products. I will need to buy thread and fabric, but I already own a sewing machine. It should be relatively easy for me to cover these expenses. Even if I can’t buy new fabric, I can get some from a thrift store. By the end of October, I plan to have learned enough sewing techniques to begin making my designs. I will work on them until midterms, by which time I hope to have completed at least two full outfits. I’m very excited about beginning this project, as it is something I have been meaning to pursue for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment