Friday, September 26, 2014

20 Percent Proposal

            My project is to learn how to play the guitar to the best of my abilities between now and the middle of January. I will utilize YouTube videos and other internet sources to aid me with the project, and will ask some of my guitar-playing friends specific questions I have about the instrument. The audience for this project is my classmates, since they will be able to read my blogs and hear me play as I progress throughout the year. This project is worthwhile because it represents me going out of my comfort zone – I am learning something completely new and foreign to me. Also, I have always wanted to learn how to play the guitar and this project is my best chance to do so. I expect to learn how to play the guitar from this project, although I most certainly will not be as good as guitarists who have played since they were children. My being happy with the pace I learn the guitar is all that matters. The product I will show at the end of the semester/year will be to play a complex song of substantial length and be proud of the way it sounds. There should not be any expenses involved in my project, as I am not buying anything and am using the internet and friends as guides. The equipment I will need is a guitar and pick, and I will borrow these from a friend. My timeline for completing the project is to begin playing a variety of simple songs, and progress to playing lengthier and complex material until I get to a point where I am completely satisfied with the way I am playing and do not believe I can learn more complex songs in the time I have left. This project will be very exciting for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment