Sunday, September 28, 2014

Joshua's Proposal

20% Time Proposal
                For the year’s first 20% Time project, I will be developing my creative writing skills by writing several short stories (and maybe a short novel). My final goal will be to create several short stories to be presented in their entirety or a longer story, of which an excerpt will be presented.
To complete this project, I will need to expand my vocabulary and develop creative, original ideas for stories and, more importantly, settings in which the stories shall exist (in the words of video game director Hidetaka Miyazaki, “The greatest tool for a narrative is the world you create for it to exist in. A well designed world could tell its story in silence.”).
The easiest part of this project will be finding time to work on the writing. I can easily write both at home and at class. However, it will be difficult to create original, creative ideas for my stories; I am very critical of my own writing and have qualms about being unoriginal, so developing worlds in which my stories shall exist, as well as the stories themselves, may be somewhat of a challenge.

The work for this project shall be split evenly between time spent at home and time spent in class, as it is just as easy to work in school as it is to work in my own abode. In class, I can both write and ask my fellow classmates for any advice and opinions they could give me on my writing. If outside, I can bring a notebook or my own laptop and either brainstorm ideas for a story or work on what may become a final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment