Tuesday, September 23, 2014

20% Project Proposal

9/26/14

My 20 Time Project is going to be learning how to knit, starting from simple projects and going on to harder projects. I decided on this because I think it's a beneficial skill to have. You can always knit something as a present, as an essential item, or just for fun. My final accomplishment will be to be able to knit a large piece of clothing like a sweater or something that's challenging for me. For this, I will need to know how to knit first of all, and the different techniques I would need to learn to become better. I could learn by watching videos and asking people who know how to knit already for help. By the end of October/beginning of November I will want to know how to knit socks and mittens maybe. I'll want to be move past knitting scarves, headbands and simple things. By the end of December/beginning of November I will have hopefully reached my goal of knowing how to knit a sweater.

The easiest part of this project will probably be coming up with ideas of what to knit, because there are so many different possibilities of what can be created. However, the most difficult part of this project will be learning how to knit. I already know this will be the hardest part because I have actually tried to learn how to knit, but I didn't have much motivation to continue since I kept failing. This time I'm determined to not give up even when I feel like I'll never be able to successfully make something. My work for this project will be well balanced out between class and home since I will be able to knit in both places without much of a struggle. During 20% time in class I will be continuing what I was doing at home, for example learning something new, or continuing a project.

1 comment: