Friday, September 26, 2014

Twenty Percent Project Proposal

               For the Twenty Percent Project, I would like to learn how to play the guitar. I'm going to be working by myself on this project, though throughout the project I will most likely ask various people for assistance on my learning of it. The 'audience' of sorts for my project is not really for anyone but myself; I'm doing this to improve my musical abilities so that I can perform better. This project is worthwhile because it is teaching me a new skill and instrument that will assist me in future performances. The product I will have to show is my new ability to play (hopefully) a variety of songs without needing to pause to figure out where to place my fingers for the next note/chord. No expenses should be required seeing as I already have an electric guitar, an acoustic guitar and an amplifier. The only real equipment I will need are various books instructing me on how to play, which i can easily get online or if necessary from the music center in my town. By midterms I hope to be able to play all the common chords and hopefully a few other non-conventional ones as well. Each week I will learn and spend at least an hour a day working on the chord and playing it in combination with other ones. This is what I hope to accomplish in the duration of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment