Saturday, September 27, 2014

Alyssa's Proposal

My project is to learn skills, techniques, and rules of fencing. I have several friends who can help me to learn about fencing and/or give me resources so that I can teach myself. I am doing this project because I know a lot of people who fence and it seems like a very interesting sport. This project is worthwhile because it is good exercise and I think it will be nice to have the knowledge about fencing, and maybe even dabble in the sport myself. I expect to learn skills well enough to understand fencing matches and to analyze techniques used by different fencers. As my final product, I will talk about what I learned, maybe post a video of me trying to fence, and/ or do an analysis of the fencing techniques in the movie, The Princess Bride. My expenses should be minimal, as any type of fencing equipment I should be able to borrow from people. I plan on meeting with my friends on weekends and when they are free to assist me with this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment