Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Weekly Journal 14

         This is my last twenty percent time journal. I am genuinely a little sad just because the entire idea of twenty percent time gave me a chance and the motivation to step out of my comfort zone and learn something new. This past week on twenty percent time I began preparing my presentation. I plan to show the little that I am now able to do on Monday when it is my turn to present in front of the class. I can now tune a guitar using an app as aid, and I am able to maintain rhythm for a little bit (30 seconds or so which is a big deal for me) while playing about 3 chords. I will not be presenting the entire song. Only the beginning because to be honest, that's as far as I went. Of course I touched on the rest of the song and have played through it, but I do not feel confident enough yet to perform the entire song in front of everyone knowing that it is not even relatively decent.
Okay, so I have no rhythm. I've learned that and have accepted that. However, just because twenty percent time is over, does not mean that I will not continue learning how to play the guitar. In fact, having no rhythm is what is motivating me to step out of my comfort zone, believe in myself, and try to push through this difficult task.
With the little time that I have left, I plan to give it my all and prepare a good presentation for Monday.
See you all then!

No comments:

Post a Comment