Sunday, June 7, 2015

Reflection 15: Revenge of the Reflection

Well... that's it, huh?

Song is done, and I've presented it. So what have I learned?

For one thing, I am a horrible presenter, but that is besides the point.

Learning the FL Studio program was an interesting process. Throughout it, I was worried that I would eventually become frustrated, that I would just give up in the middle and say that I can't do it. But it didn't happen. I kept my cool. I didn't even try to keep my cool while working on this project.

I suppose that doing what I enjoy leads me to less likely become upset about it if things don't go my way. I'm usually prone to getting flustered and confused whenever I do any project of the sort. I got especially frustrated when I did practiced the piano when I was younger, even so when I was in middle school. So... what was different?

Some mental conditioning was one thing that kept me focused and more mentally stable. Although it was a long process, creating the song didn't feel tedious. If anything, I enjoyed experimenting with the noise, seeing what would sound the best.

I now notice that i'm talking more about the mental challenges of the project than the project itself, so let's move on to that instead.

The song's reception was mixed to positive, at least form what I've gathered. I know that the quality of the song isn't the most important aspect of the project, but I was pleasantly surprised to see how well the song was received from my peers, especially it being my first song. The changes I had to make in the process didn't hinder progress that much, considering that this was purely experimental. The keyboard couldn't be used be used because of half-second delays, and the length had to be doubled because it felt incredibly short in hindsight.

I certainly want to create more music over the summer, hopefully up exponentially better quality than my first song. That's the point, right? Improvement.

This will be the final blog post from me, Alex, A.K.A The Smorski.

If anyone reading this is interested in listening to the song, here is a Soundcloud link to it.

https://soundcloud.com/the-smorski/humanities

Alex, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment