Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Reflection #13

This weekend I decided to put my skills to use. I wanted to make a dish that I could bring to Phoebes birhtday party. Since I know that she enforces strict paleo guideline I decided to get a recipe from paleogrubs.com and make something for her. I decided to make a blueberry lemon cake. I must admit, I made this entire thing by msyelf, however, it didnt come out as well as i hoped it would.

Ingredients:
2/3 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
5 eggs
1/3 cup almond milk
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp lemon zest
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
3/4 cup coconut cream, chilled
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tbsp honey
Dash of vanilla

The most difficult part about baking this cake was making the frosting. It was difficult to make it the right texture and weight. In addition, i had trouble with baking the batter to perfection. Overall, i was excited that i finally baked on my own. I made mistakes that i wont next time i attempt to do this. Anyways that's the point of learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment